I pink puffy heart E-Mealz!

Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Nesting has begun...

Here is a little update about Baby Girl's room:



The crib was (finally) assembled last weekend...one step closer to her joining our family!



Rusty, of course, thought it was a new place for him to snuggle up for a winter nap. We are in the process of training him that cat naps in the crib are not a good idea.



For a hot minute, we bought & set-up up one of these contraptions...it's called a Crib Tent (no, I'm not joking) and the main purpose of it is to keep cats/friendly pets out of the crib as well as keeping kids from climbing out of the crib (think toddler stage). Seriously, go on Amazon.com and search "Crib Tent" - you will see pictures from customers with their toddler in their crib...in a tent. As this (hideous) contraption did do the job that it stated...it was #1 not meant to be used on a crib/changer combo so it didn't fit exactly right...and well - it just ruined the whole ambiance of Baby Girl's crib. You couldn't use the bumper, I couldn't imagine changing sheets in the middle night with that thing on (it goes all the way under the crib mattress), and it just looked...well, dumb. But Rusty didn't go near the crib! haha So after giving it a couple days to grow on us...it didn't & it was promptly returned to Buy Buy Baby (they have a great return policy - thank you, BBB!) and removed from the Registry List so no one else would even consider to spend 70 bucks on this thing. (Yes, it's 70 bucks.)

Another addition that was added today - a storage cubby unit from Target:


And below are the cubby drawer colors:


I'll take a pic of it later today & post how it looks in the room. I think it'll be another great way to maximize space. :)

So there's the update on her room! What do you think so far?

3 comments:

  1. your nursery is darling! yay for 3rd trimester! let me know if you want a free pedicure :-) I also offer free cuddles with my 11 week old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok that nursery is SO CUTE! Love what you've done with it. We've been having to keep our nursery door closed as well because I've found our cats hairs on the bedding in the crib. I about had a fit when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete