Well week 27 - you're here & so is the end of the mostly tolerable 2nd trimester. I'm hoping I can hang on to this feeling a bit longer, but we shall see. Like I've said this whole time - I'm not going to get any smaller for the time being!!
1. The vomit-induced heartburn...and heartburn in general.
2. The cankles. I have to admit I cried the first time I noticed them.
3. The constant need to pee. I hate having to pee so darn much! It always happens at the worst times too...like during a big meeting or when I finally doze off to sleep!
4. That I would be one of "those" pg ladies that think I'm entitled to special treatment because I am carrying a human life in my belly. "Why isn't this person giving me the right of way?? I'm pregnant!" "Let me go first...can't you see me sticking out my belly for sympathy?" I mean really, Beth? I have to smack myself when I get like that. lol Nothing gets you back to earth than a random stranger saying "Are you going to make it?" When trying to squeeze your once skinny body (and you still think you're that small) between your shopping cart & the checkout lane.
5. The comments about how big my belly is getting...yes, I know this! There is a baby growing in there people! And yet, I don't mind if they touch it...odd, eh?
6. The crap-tastic sleep I've been getting lately & although I love to feel the baby kick...I'm over it at 2am.
7. How much I'm already attached to this kiddo and I haven't even met her yet.
8. How fabulous & understanding my husband has been this trimester. It was hard for him to "get it" during the 1st tri - but he's been more than accommodating during this one.
9. The dreams I've been having lately....What the freak!
10. How much I really do enjoy prenatal yoga...it's my answer to most of my ailments these days. ;)
When does the heartburn start and when do the cankles appear? No matter how much I've ever weighed, I've always had skinny ankles and wrists..this baby better not take that away from me!
ReplyDeleteMy main issue right now is getting no sleep and being itchy and dry all over!
You look so good in your most recent picture, you look so tiny everywhere except your belly! Lucky!
Well - for me - the heartburn started early on in my 2nd trimester...even had a little at the end of my 1st. It comes and goes & I've started to notice what the triggers are (which includes Los Bravos food...just like I thought - but it was SO worth it that time.) ;)
ReplyDeleteThe cankles started in December...so 24/25 weeks? I was on my feet all day baking one Saturday and took my socks off at the end of the day and there they were...cankles! I thought my "long legs" would keep me from this, but I was wrong.
Oh man - the dry skin & the lack of sleep...the winter weather definitely doesn't help with the dry skin part! I've never moisturized so much in my life.
You look super tiny in your pics, Libby! I know you will be ALL belly! I can't wait to see more pics of your growing belly!